Saturday, March 6, 2010

Since I Knew You Were Coming...I Baked A Cake!

Well, here is the picture of my first attempt at baking here in Japan. We were having company over for games and I thought I had best have some goodies to eat. I couldn't find a 13X9 in pan so I baked it in two small square pans - sorta like our 8 inch round pans. It worked great. The Japanese cocoa is much darker and so the cake was "yummy" rich. As you can see I only served one layer. There isn't any thing like Betty Crocker frosting in a can and boxed powered sugar is unheard of so, I sprinkled chocolate chips (that I brought from the states) on top and put it back in the oven to melt. Everyone seemed to like it.

3 comments:

  1. Well, it sounds yummy! I sure would like to have had a taste of it! We are definite chocolate lovers over here. The photo sure looks like it was a success.
    Happy that you now have a new blog. Hope you can get back all that you have on the old one.
    Great picture of you and Steve in that roadster! Makes me think of the movie, "Flywheel"!

    Love,
    your "Japanese" cousins,
    Gregg and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, I like your blog, and the wonderful comments from Heidi, my she sure can draw! Anyway, if I were there I would sit down with a cup of Japanese Tea and have a slice (or two) of that yummy cake with you. However, I'm sure you keep too busy for sitting down, Ha! Love Ya, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look good. However, as I,along with many, am struggling with weight I would have to have only a small piece. I do know that Karen has many talents, including in the kitchen. She can and does do much in her own way to give glory to God in the way she lives and acts!

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete